Reading Time: 3 minsSo, I originally started this post on January 20th….and I’m just now getting around to finishing it! Man, does time fly!
First and foremost, I have been slacking on this site! Big time! I started to enter some additional races that were missing and realized that I never even started the Chattanooga Ironman 70.3 race report! 🙁 At this point that race took place 11 months ago! I intend to still create a race report for it, I just hope I can still remember stuff! And I need to finish up and publish the Augusta Ironman 70.3 race report. Sheeeshh……
BUT, there’s no way I could skip on my year in review post…..even though this thing is nearly 4 months late
Anywho!! 2015! In short, this year by a long shot was one of my best years in a long time. I could honestly say this entire past year was nothing short of amazing! I started to get my life back on track towards the end of 2014 and I entered 2015 full force with lots of goals in mind. I was focused! Cut some weight, got back on track with training and racing, start eating right again, got my finances in order- the list goes on and on! Technically I bought my racing bike towards the end of 2014, but I really didn’t give it much usage until January 2015 and then in February I got new road bike to compliment the TT bike. So, I was all set!
So in typical fashion here’s my 2015 listed review:
- Met the love of my life! I ❤ you Wendy!
- Joined Outspokin Multiple Sport Team (technically joined in Dec 2014, but whateves….)
- Completed 2 Ironman 70.3 races
- Ran 2 half marathons and 7 other various road racing distances
- Completed 8 combined multiple-sport races
- Set, no shattered, new PRs in the 5K, 8K, 15K, 1/2 marathon, sprint triathlon, and 70.3 triathlon races!
- Attended the Orlando FC Inaugural game versus New York FC
- Was able to catch up with my old college roomates
- Dropped $5,500+ on an entirely new AC system for my house 😐
- Got to met, hang out, and race with legendary pro triathlete Chris Legh!
- Qualified for Team USA for the 2016 ITU Long Course Duathlon World Championship! WHAT!!
Obviously, the year was filled with endurance racing stuff!! And this stuff is in my blood! It’s what I know, love, hate, appreciate, and every emotion that exists. It sort of defines who I am. Through training and racing I have put my life back in balance, heck through all of this unexpectedly I have found my soulmate! This past year I have also made so many new friends through Outspokin Bicycles and St Pete Running Company!
Unfortunately, yet another year has gone by where I have not left the country for travel- making it 3 years in a row! However, I am ok with this. It’s been such a great year overall that I feel like there weren’t any major negatives and any/all negative things this past year really didn’t matter! I’m planning to complete a full iron distance triathlon in 2016 and with that will come travel.
Adios 2015; Hola 2016!